High School Youth Ministry
Youth Life Nights are the catechetical component of the Life Teen program. Life Nights present the Catholic faith in a non-classroom format, making the faith relevant for teens today. Life Teen offers a 4-year curriculum of Life Nights based on the USCCB’s highschool framework of catechesis.
Catechetical Life Nights follow the USCCB’s semester theme and break open a particular tenet of the faith.
Issue Life Nights deal with specific “real world issues” that teens deal with (i.e. drinking, gossip, chastity, divorce, peer pressure, abortion, virtues, etc.). These nights help teens see how their Catholic faith is relevant to every aspect of their lives.
Social Life Nights build Christian community and friendships.
Life Teen Spirituality can best be under stood through our seven Core Values:
- Eucharistic Spirituality
- Primary Vocation
High School Youth meet every Wednesday from 6:30pm-7:45pm in the Education Building Youth Center
Middle School Youth Ministry
Middle School Youth Ministry is divided into three semesters: fall, spring, and summer. Edge resources are published in a 6-semester format: Scripture, Creed, Church, Sacraments, Prayer, and Social Justice. During the three years that a middle school youth attends Edge Nights he/she will gain a great foundation of the faith.
In addition to the catechetical Edge Nights, we also offer Social Nights and Issue Nights. Social nights are times of fun and fellowship and getting to know other youth members better through games, special events etc. Issue nights are based on issues that affect middle school youth. These nights give youth a safe place to learn and explore what the Church teaches about topics such as: popularity, gossip, divorce, peer pressure, apathy, stress, temptation, abortion, chastity, euthanasia, poverty, materialism, self-image, drugs and alcohol, virtues, and modern and relevant topics that deal with technology and social networking web sites.
Why Youth Love Edge
- It’s a fun, safe place to spend time with their friends.
- They get answers to their unanswered questions about their Catholic faith.
- They experience Jesus Christ in a profound, personal way.
- They feel like they are important to everyone else in the parish.
Why Parents Love Edge
- Edge gives middle schoolers a chance to build strong Catholic friendships before they enter high school.
- Their children are given Catholic role models on the Core Team who reinforce what is already being taught within the home. Parents often join the Edge Core Team too.
- Edge understands the physical, psychological, cognitive, relational, and spiritual maturation of middle school youth.
If you are a 6th or 7th grade please join us on Wednesday nights and bring a friend! All are welcome.
If you have any questions, please call Myriam Reyna, Youth Director, at:
(813) 752-8251, ext. 323 or email at [email protected]